March 30, 2012

Am I Enough?


Who hasn’t struggled at some time in their life with the deep self-doubt that “maybe I’m not good enough.” Or pretty enough. Or smart enough. Or liked enough. You fill in the blank. This overwhelming fear of inadequacy can prevent us from realizing the glory of God’s plan for us.

Believe me when I say that there is no truth to back up these harmful thoughts. Think about where this feeling of inferiority comes from. Maybe you can tie it to a past experience or perhaps it is a deeply felt inadequacy you’ve held onto for a long time. No matter it’s origin. When our need for fulfillment lies deep within our psyche, it is fodder for the evil one to do his work.
 
He preys on our weaknesses, and speaks from a voice within us that we hear as our own. He tells us we are not worthy, that we will never measure up. And our hearts wonder "why should I bother trying?"

Realize the source! It isn’t always immediately evident because of the sneakiness of the predator. But you must realize that Satan is trying to sabotage your will. When I become aware that my thoughts or my actions have been controlled by Satan preying on my emptiness, I realize I have allowed darkness to fill me when I should have turned to the Light. 

When the realization finally creeps into my consciousness by God's power in me through His Holy Spirit, and I become aware that I have been duped by the enemy once again, it makes me so angry that I want to fight back. Satan amplifies our weaknesses, through no fault of our own, by reassuring our psyche that we are not good enough. Then he shows us a way to satisfy our deepest desires, which is actually a path to our own destruction.

When I become aware of this devious deceitfulness and attack on my very life, I go into battle mode.

Spiritual warfare is very real, and for those on the front lines the battle is never over. Satan will do what he can to prevent the furthering of the Kingdom of God. If you are working for the purpose of leading others to Christ, you must realize that there is going to be a battle for you to keep your forward motion.

Even if you are not in ministry, Satan delights in leading us from the path that God has planned for our lives. He can make the wrong way seem like the truth. It is not until we realize our misery that Satan's devious plan is revealed to us. We need to remain vigilant by keeping a constant awareness of this struggle and search our hearts for something that just doesn't seem right. 
 
Most importantly, we must always remember one thing – God is stronger than anything sneaky Satan can throw at us! By clinging to God and praying for His intercession on our behalf, we will always emerge as victors. For in the beginning of the book of John we read, “The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it.” John 1:5 (NLT)


God is Light. The power of light over darkness is a Biblical reference, and a physical one, too. Even in the darkest night, a candle or other source of light will shine brightly into the night. The light will always overcome darkness. And the Light of the World will always overcome the darkness of Satan. Darkness will scurry and hide from the light, and linger in the corners for its chance to regain a foothold once again. That is why the battle continues. 


Look to God for your strength. With the armor of God you can fight the battle and emerge victorious. Simply cry out to Him and Satan’s stronghold is extinguished. Keep your focus on God, and put on His armor. In this way you will not know defeat. Be strengthened by knowing God is always on your side. This is a battle we can win.



“Therefore, put on every piece of God’s armor so you will be able to resist the enemy in the time of evil. Then after the battle you will still be standing firm. Stand your ground, putting on the belt of truth and the body armor of God’s Righteousness. For shoes, put on the peace that comes from the Good News so that you will be fully prepared. In addition to all of these, hold up the shield of faith to stop the fiery arrows of the devil. Put on salvation as your helmet, and take the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God. “ Ephesians 6:13-17 (NIV) (emphasis mine)

No comments:

Post a Comment