December 6, 2011

Shoot for the Moon




Are you a goal setter? Do you like to plan and project and set up steps to achieve your desired goal?

Some people are linear thinkers, and achieve better with schedules and structure. They thrive on designating goals and structuring the pathway to achieve them on an Exel spreadsheet. You know who you are.


Then there are those of us who are creative thinkers.

Speaking for myself, I am all-over-the-place when it comes to ideas, and perhaps that is how we creative individuals think outside of structure to tap into our creative vein.

I do make lists, then promptly forget about what is on them, as if making the list itself completes the task. I try to be organized, but it is so much more expressive to write or sing than then to go through that pile of papers on my desk.

We should set goals, and structure is a good thing. For some people, though, schedules and structure are too confining and stifle the creative process.

I like to look at the process, and live in the potential to achieve the final outcome. I guess you could call that goal setting, but that sounds too structured for me. I like to have the option to stay my course or redirect it. And we all have the power to do that.

Do you have a goal or a dream that is waiting to be acknowledged? Perhaps it seems too lofty to obtain. The best way to begin is right where you are, earthbound. Is there a class you can take to begin the process? A conference to attend where knowledge can be gained? Little steps are all it takes to start out on the road to a new tomorrow.

Don't ignore that whisper in your heart. Living a life fulfilled is the only way to live. We only get one time around this crazy universe. Make the most of it by finding the way to live out your dreams.


Setting my hopes upon a star, perhaps I will shoot for the moon. That way I will at least land amongst the stars and shine in my own way.



No comments:

Post a Comment