February 23, 2014

Hope Springs Anew




Sunday Scripture



and a



Song






 "See, I am doing a new thing!
    Now it springs up; do you not perceive it?
I am making a way in the wilderness
    and streams in the wasteland." 

Isaiah 43:19 NIV


Anyone who attended my Women's Winter Retreat saw this scripture on the cover of our event folder. It's truly one of my favorites. It reminds me that the joy I know in my life is all because God has made me new, over and over again. 

The life-giving energy of a spring bubbling up through to the surface of the earth is a beautiful analogy for the love of God breaking through the barriers we place in our lives. Only God can bring life when hope has died.

When we finally realize that we can't navigate this life alone, and our hearts feel like a wilderness, God's life-giving force can fill us with hope and give us the will to keep trying. 

Water carves through the crust of the earth, creating small creeks, which grow into raging rivers. Water is a life-giving force, and Jesus is the living water in our lives, giving us life and energy and forward motion.

Drink from the well of Salvation. Know His peace. Be well, my friends.

Enjoy our song today, by Matt Maher. Come to the Water.
 
 Email subscribers, please click on Hope to find to view this video on my blog site.
Mobile users, please click here to view this video on youtube.


No comments:

Post a Comment