June 15, 2014

The Joy of Singing Praises

 


Sunday Scripture

and a

Song



"I will praise God’s name in song and glorify him with thanksgiving."


"I will praise you, Lord my God, with all my heart; I will glorify your name forever."
Psalm 86:12


Friends who know me well, know that singing praises to the Lord is my one of my greatest joys. People comment that I smile so much when I sing, and I tell them I can't help it! My joy is evident and there for all to see.
 
It was my honor and great delight to sing Laudamus te from Vivaldi's Gloria for our congregation today as special music. My friend Wendy sang this beautiful duet with me, sharing our joy and love of the Lord. 

Before I sing, I pray that God will empty me of me, of my own selfish pride, of any vanity I might feel, and pray that He will fill me with His Holy Spirit. Then, as I sing, God's love -- through His Spirit, pours out from me. This in turn blesses those who are willing to receive, and I am blessed in the process, too!  

It is a wonderful cycle, and to be a part of sharing God's love in this way blesses me beyond description. If I could, I would sing for Him every day of my life!


Laudamus te
 Benedicimus te
 Adoramus te 
 Glorificamus te 

We praise thee
 We bless thee
We worship thee
We glorify thee

Through the process of rehearsing this song, I've enjoyed this recording of the duet. 
I thought I'd share this with you today. Enjoy!
 Subscribers please click on Hope to find to view this video on my blog site. 
Mobile users, please click here to view this video on Youtube.

No comments:

Post a Comment