November 1, 2011

Hope in New Beginnings


If it's true that we are closer to God on the mountaintop, then I felt closer to Him when I stayed for 5 days at an elevation of 7400’ in the southern Rocky Mountains. Either that or the thin atmosphere was affecting me.

Sanctuary at Glorieta
Recently I traveled to Glorieta, New Mexico to attend the Southwest Christian Writer’s Studio. You can read about my experiences at the conference here. (Scroll down to "A Student's View of the Southwest Christian Writer's Studio").

I was at the Glorieta Conference Center to study freelance writing, but my trip began as a journey of trust.

You see, God, has been working on this “trust issue” in my life for quite awhile now. It's been pretty much “two steps forward, one step back” because just as I begin to relinquish my worries and concerns to Him, I take some of them back into my heart to mull over again. I think I may be hopeless. But God doesn’t seem to think so. 

Through prayer I searched for answers for the pathway to my future.  Little by little, I began to feel guided on my way. If we are reactive to our environments, we can find little nuances that assure us we are on the right track. We might hear a response during a conversation with a friend that resonates within us. Or perhaps we are reassured through something we read. These little “road signs” are there for us to find, but we need to be intuitively looking for them. When we are ready for the message, their meaning clearly comes through.  

Is there a new venture in your life that you have been considering? Don’t be afraid to get started, but do your homework first. Search your motivations, and look for clues that the universe is letting you know you are on the right track. Weigh all of your options carefully, but trust your intuition. You know yourself better than anyone. You know what you are capable of accomplishing. Even if this is a completely new area of interest for you, believe in your capabilities and your strengths. Don’t listen to the doubting voices that may come from other people or even from within your own mind. Believe in yourself, and step out into the unknown to see what you can do.

What a shame it would be to get to the end of our lives and say, “If only I had tried”. It isn’t too late. Not while you have breath in you. Start by allowing yourself to dream, and then determine your path. Prayer helped me to acknowledge my new career path , and I have complete trust that God is in the midst of this choice. I have confidence from my training, and belief in my abilities, and I am stepping onto this path filled with hope and excitement.

View from the tower at Lapham Peak, Delafield, WI
 Pewaukee Lake is in the background.
May all your journeys lead you to a place of confident trust. Never give up hope. Believe in yourself, spread your wings, and soar.


No comments:

Post a Comment