September 29, 2013

You Can Begin Anew



Sunday Scripture

and a

Song


How many times have you wished for a "do-over"? In this life, we mess up. We make mistakes. That is the nature of humanity. 


God foresaw this would happen. He knew our need would be great for Him to pull us out of our despair. He knew our failures would feel like a huge weight around our necks, pulling us down and keeping us from knowing joy.

That's why He died for our sins. So that we can be free. Free to live and love and create new joy in our lives, despite our past and our shame. He takes all that away from us and creates in us a new beginning. Simply by sincerely asking Him to do so, and truly wishing to repent of our ways.

Prayer: Lord, I wish things weren't the way they are. I wish so much that my choices had not brought me to where I am now. I can't change the past, but with your help, I can change who I am going to be. Help me, Lord. Forgive my past mistakes, and lead me into a new beginning. I want to know joy and love, and I want to know You more. Walk with me through this day and always, and lead me.  In Jesus' name. Amen


"This means that anyone who belongs to Christ has become a new person. The old life is gone; a new life has begun!"
2 Corinthians 5:17 NIV


"For I am about to do something new.
See, I have already begun! Do you not see it?"
Isaiah 43:19 NIV


We can be made new. Every single day. God breathes new life into us and we start again. No matter how many times we fall. He is there, to pick us up, hold us in our brokenness, and give us another chance in this life. Believe it, my friend.

Here's a link to a post I wrote about Leaving the Past Behind. I share my thoughts about how to let go of the past and move forward. We have to make a conscious choice to leave the past behind us, and learn to control our thoughts going forward. 

Tenth Avenue North has a wonderful song to remind us we are not defined by our mistakes. We are Children of the Most High. God loves us and wants only the best for us. We have to let go of our painful past and allow God to work in us to create something new. Many blessings, friend.

Tenth Avenue North - You Are More


Subscribers, please click on Hope to find to view this video on my blog site. 
Mobile readers, here's the link to view this on Youtube

I pray God finds you where you are today, and that you reach out to Him for healing. In the name of Jesus Christ, you are forgiven. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment