February 2, 2014

Light of the World



Sunday Scripture

and a

Song


"Jesus spoke to the people once more and said, 'I am the light of the world. If you follow me, you won’t have to walk in darkness, because you will have the light that leads to life.' "
John 8:11-13 NLT 


My son and I have had this same discussion many times. He is convinced that the evil in the world is taking over. While it can be very distressing to hear unending news stories of man's inhumanity to man, I believe there is hope. 

God came to this earth to teach us the right way to live. We must remember that the Light will always overcome the darkness. If we follow the Light, and the teachings of Jesus, we will live in the Light of God's love. And in this way, we will know peace amidst the chaos that humanity creates.

Jesus is the Light of the World, and the darkness cannot overcome it. 
You can bank your eternity on that. 


Enjpoy our song today, written by Tim Hughes;
sung by Jeremy Camp ~ Here I Am to Worship
Subscribers please click on Hope to find to view this video on my blog site.
Mobile users, please click here to watch this video on Youtube

No comments:

Post a Comment